Are you looking for a new career in 2024?
Bri-Stor Systems Ltd, part of The HEX Group, are the UK’s largest converter of lightweight commercial vehicles. We are a privately-owned business employing approximately 280 people and have been operating for 40 years.
The company has experienced considerable growth during 2023 and is continuing to evolve with many new and exciting opportunities ahead.
We’re looking for a Production Engineer to strengthen our Engineering Team in Hixon, Stafford. The primary purpose of the role is to capture vehicle data, capture & generate production build instructions, and to support the production teams with build queries, as well as supporting the Project Engineering team by updating drawings and BOMs of ongoing projects.
- Responsible for capturing information from prototype builds and updating the Project Engineering team with changes
- Generate build Standard Operating Procedures or builds where a category 3 build instruction has been identified, as required
- Edit and generate build videos in a format suitable for mobile / tablet devices
- Capture new vehicle data through 3D scanning and edit into a format suitable for SolidWorks
- Capture new vehicle data to create important information for design and production
- Support Engineering in data collection of vehicles and standards
- Ensure all designs comply with health and safety standards
- Support the Project Engineering team by producing and maintaining 3D CAD models to enable manufacture and to produce short lead-time parts for prototype builds
- Support the Project Engineering team by producing and maintaining general assembly drawings and engineering drawings for both internal and external manufacture and reference
- Support Production / Assembly teams when queries on builds arise
- Work with production and the shop floor team to produce and improve systems to streamline production and increase right first time
- Support in the ongoing development of the Engineering Department systems and procedures, and contribute to DFMEA activities
- To carry out any other tasks or duties deemed by the Company to be relevant at the time or beneficial to the business
- A good level of knowledge and experience in using SolidWorks. Experiencing in using ERP systems, especially Sage. An understanding and experience in Vehicle Type Approval, legislation and vehicle body builder guides. Experience in the use of CAD CAM and machine programming software, such as Radan.
- Experience in creating Standard Operating Procedures / fitting guides. Experience working in a fast-paced office environment, and able to manage multiple projects running simultaneously.
- Personal resilience with the capacity to work effectively and stay calm under pressure, and to handle difficult situations calmly and confidently. To be comfortable working and communicating with numerous internal departments. To be self-motivated and regularly show initiative to identify issues and resolve them. Demonstrate a desire to develop their own skillset and expand their knowledge of manufacturing, and show a willing to help and support other departments when required.
- A competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Early finish on Fridays
- Company Bonus scheme
- Free onsite parking
- Access to the Employee Assistance Programme
- Learning and development opportunities
- Long service awards
- Health Cash Plan
- Christmas shutdown