Are you passionate about turning ideas into reality? The HEX Group is thrilled to present an exciting opportunity for a New Product Design Engineer to join our dynamic team.
As a New Product Design Engineer, you’ll be at the forefront of innovation, driving the creation of groundbreaking products that make a difference. If you have a knack for transforming concepts into tangible solutions, this role is tailor-made for you.
This role will work across multiple divisions of The HEX Group, presenting the opportunity to work on a diverse range of projects. From designing contemporary high-end garden furniture to van racking that keeps our nation’s fleets moving, this role is perfect for those who enjoy a dynamic and varied role.
The successful candidate will be entitled to;
- Flexi Time
- A competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Company Bonus Scheme
- Free onsite parking
- Access to the Employee Assistance Programme
- Learning and development opportunities
- Long service awards
- Cash Health Plan
- Christmas shutdown
- Company events
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free parking
- Health & wellbeing programme
- On-site parking
Employing approx. 450 people across the group, the business has experienced significant growth and success over the last few years and are looking to strengthen our new product development team with the recruitment of a New Product Design Engineer.
Reporting to the NPD Manager the successful individual will be responsible for the design, development and project management of products in line with the requirements of the new projects plan.
- Undertake market research investigations.
- Production of estimated project costs.
- Produce and develop designs through from concept to prototype and into production, ensuring all design modifications/improvements are captured and implemented.
- Identify potential suppliers of key components. Work to develop relationships to deliver tooling, first offs etc. through to production components.
- Monitor, track and report on actual project costs.
- Co-ordinate project meetings as required.
- Develop and run suitable testing programmes tailored to the product.
- Produce a full set of manufacturing and assembly drawing to enable full production of products.
- Production of accurate Bill of Materials
- Work with sales, marketing, purchasing, quality and production teams to progress designs through to a successful launch.
- Fully hand over projects to project engineering team, for them to maintain designs.
In addition to the above, the successful candidate will;
- Support in the ongoing development of the engineering department systems and procedures.
- Contribute to DFMEA activities.
Working within a team of four new product design engineers, the successful candidate must show a good ability to communicate, be able to work in isolation on the majority of projects, but able to work in larger groups as either the lead or supporting engineer on a specific project.
- The ideal candidate would meet the following key criteria;
- Demonstrate previous experience working in Product Design Engineer role.
- Able to manage long running projects.
- Able to monitor and report on project costs.
- Proficient in the use of 3D CAD software.
- Experience of using data management/ERP systems.
- Comfortable working and communicating with numerous internal departments along with customers and suppliers.
Ideally the candidate would also meet the following additional criteria;
- Able to demonstrate examples of working as a lead on previous new product introductions.
- Experience of working with a wide range of manufacturing process, including but not limited to; sheet metal manufacturing, aluminium extrusion, injection moulding.
- Experience of SolidWorks.
- Experience using Sage X3 ERP system.
The company encourages development of its staff and has a rich history of promoting from within. Willing and capable candidates will have opportunities across to group to develop, improve and work within different roles and environments.
The HEX Group are an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types
- Bonus scheme
Work Location: In person