The Hex Group consists of Bri-Stor Systems Ltd, Alpha Manufacturing Ltd & Atlas Coating Ltd and we are based in Hixon, Staffordshire. We are a privately owned business employing approx 500 people across the Group, making us one of the largest employers in the region.
We are looking to strengthen our team with the recruitment of a Group Safety, Health and Environmental Manager.
Reporting to the Managing Director, you will be responsible for the implementation of robust systems, ensuring compliance and conformance to SHE Policies and Management Systems whilst growing and supporting a strong SHE culture.
- Work with managers to continually improve the safety, health and environment within their areas of responsibility in order to ensure The Hex Group is always a safe place of work for employees, visitors and contractors.
- Develop, deliver and review the safety, health and environment strategy for the business and identify continuous improvement opportunities.
- Ensure rigorous risk assessment and accident management systems are in place to eliminate and reduce risk.
- Monitor, evaluate and review existing, new and upcoming Health and Safety legislation and ensure the business has systems, policies and practices in place to meet legal compliance.
- Develop and deliver training in-house or support the sourcing of appropriate training providers as required.
- Ensure the company has the right level of Health and Safety Representatives, Fire Wardens and First Aiders. Maintaining a close working relationship with these stakeholders to ensure effective delivery of safety, health and environment priorities to achieve practical cost-effective compliance with all relevant legislation.
- Act as a role model for SHE best practices, advising and guiding the Board on all aspects of regulatory and legislative compliance.
- Work cross-functionally with colleagues to achieve business objectives.
- Provide operational and functional management with advice on the prevention of accidents, incidents and ill-health.
- Ensure ongoing accreditation to ISO 45001 / 14001 accreditation.
- Advise and assist the Board in the implementation of the Group’s carbon 2037 neutrality target.
Suitable candidates will be able to demonstrate the following: –
- A comprehensive knowledge of current health, safety and environmental legislation, management and standards.
- Experience of developing, implementing and maintaining organisational health and safety management, undertaking risk assessments, implementing monitoring systems, accident investigation, auditing and reviewing performance.
- The ability to demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of health, safety, risk and compliance.
- Have knowledge and experience of working to ISO 45001 and ISO 14001.
The successful candidate will be entitled to:
- A competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Company bonus scheme
- Free onsite parking
- Access to the Employee Assistance Programme
- Learning and development opportunities
- Long service awards
- Employee Health Cash Plan
We are an inclusive employer and embrace diversity throughout The Hex Group. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.